This course covers the principles behind deregulation and the key details that mist be addressed for it to work effectively. This course is also included in the Energy Regulation Fundamentals
What you will learn
- What deregulation is and the reasons for implementing it
- The concept of unbundling services and how it applies to gas and electric markets
- The key conditions necessary for functioning competitive wholesale and retail markets
- The key concepts associated with deregulation in wholesale markets including open access, market power, and sufficient supply
- The key concepts associated with deregulation in retail markets including sufficient numbers of competitors, provider of last resort, consumer protection, price volatility, reliability, and public goods programs
- The transition mechanisms used when markets are transitioning from regulated to competitive
- The concerns many market participants have regarding deregulation
- The evolution and current status of natural gas and electric deregulation in the United States
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.
Need CPE credits for this course? Click here.