This course addresses the key concept of the revenue requirement and the three types of ratemaking: cost-of-service, incentive, and market-based. This course is also included in the Energy Regulation Fundamentals learning path.
What you will learn
- The three key types of ratemaking and when each is appropriate
- What a revenue requirement is and how it is determined
- The process by which cost-based rates are set
- The principles of incentive ratemaking and market-based rates, and the situations in which they are commonly used
- How ratemaking differs for non-profit entities such as municipal utilities, co-ops, and Independent System Operators
- How the ratemaking process impacts earnings for energy companies
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.
Need CPE credits for this course? Click here.