This course addresses how geothermal power works, the various attributes by which it is compared to other renewable fuel sources and technologies, characteristics of geothermal power, and the future potential for geothermal power. This course is also included in the Renewable Energy Overview learning path.
What you will learn
- What geothermal power is
- The technologies used to generate geothermal power
- How geothermal heat is converted to electricity
- The current role of geothermal power in the U.S. electric generation mix
- The key attributes that determine the benefits, costs, and operational characteristics associated with geothermal power
- The potential role of geothermal power in a region's overall electric generation mix
- Key issues for the future growth of geothermal power
Contact us at 866-765-5432 or e-mail for more information.